Uncertainties have always been a part of our existence, and almost everyone tends to witness continuous turns and twists at some point in life. For instance, one can be trying to get over a loss or tragic incident and perhaps overcoming your fears, career, or work-related setbacks. When such onerous situations arise, what can one do? Positive words of encouragement might be all you need to keep you motivated, cheerful and help you bounce back in no time.
Research shows that people who fill their minds with words of encouragement always remain focused and lead a better life. Whether it is about your career, work, social life, relationships, and personal life, these words can help you get over anything and boost your self-confidence. What’s more? It can also be handwritten or printed and posted at strategic places around your home, workspace, or office to serve as a physical reminder to help keep your thoughts in check.
Interestingly, prominent figures like Eleanor Roosevelt, Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, Albert Einstein, and many others, who are regarded as most successful in our world today, passed through several turns and twists to get to their current position. Thus, they persevered above standards, challenges, and obstacles life brought their way to make their mark in the sands of time. Their success stories have always been a source of inspiration to others aspiring to be great in life.
You might have heard some of these mantras from successful icons being quoted by public or motivational speakers. However, when you feel downcast, depressed, or have lost your sense of purpose in life, these words of encouragement can also be your inspiration, and we are convinced they will keep you strengthened and soul-lifted. That being said, check out our long list of highly motivational and encouraging words below.
Powerful Words That Will Inspire You in Tough Situations
1. “Failure is just an opportunity to try again.” – Henry Ford
2. “How far you can go in life is yet to be seen; don’t let other people’s of limited belief about what is possible ruin your potential.” – Kevin Ngo
3. “Everyone has a piece of good news inside them. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be; how much you can love; what your potential is and how much you can accomplish.” – Anne Frank
4. “Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into the right places.” Unknown
5. “If you don’t design your life plan, there chances that you’d fall into another person’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
6. “You do not need someone who will complete you; instead, you need someone who will accept you completely.”
7. Strength doesn’t come from winning; your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
8. “Never let a bad day bring out the best in you; choose to remain positive and be the strong person that God created you to be.” – Unknown
9. “You are so amazing, and I’m so proud of you; I just want to let you know in case no one has.” Unknown
10. Being motivated is far more than simply doing the things we have to do. It is also about identifying and cutting out the things we should stop.” – Andrew Alexander
11. “Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.” – Unknown
12. “I decided to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time, it just happened to me without ever asking for it” – Audrey Hepburn
13. “You are not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Just relax, master the day, then keep doing that every day.” – Uknown
14. “Keep your mind open to opportunities. The means of achieving your desire may not come as you have imagined them to be.” – Justin Albert
15. “Don’t quit yet. The most beautiful silver lining follows the worst moments. You have to stay strong, remember to keep your head up, and remain hopeful.” Unknown
16. “Sometimes we expect more from others than we get because we would be willing to do that much for them. Keep giving because it makes you feel good, not because you need them to give back. In the end, it is the giver that gets the biggest gift of all.” – Lisa Prosen
17. “Don’t let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
18. “If we deliberately seek encouragement daily, it will become a habit and enable us to get ahead and stay ahead in life.” – Zig Ziglar
19. “It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” – Vince Lombardi
20. “Today will never come again, so try to be a blessing, be a friend, encourage someone, and take time to care. Let your words heal and not wound.” – Unknown
21. “I can’t see the true representation of beauty than someone unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
22. “Instead of letting your failures and hardships discourage you, let them inspire you.” – Michelle Obama
23. “Pride says it’s impossible; experience says it’s risky, and reason says it’s pointless, but the heart whispers, give it a try.” – Unknown
24. You have great potential than anyone who has ever lived before you. But you will never make it by sitting on your duff and telling the world how great you are going to be, starting tomorrow.” – Og Mandino
25. “Look for something positive in each day, even though some days you might have to look a little harder.” – Unknown
Biblical Words of Encouragement That Will Keep You Motivated
26. “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is ever faithful and will never let any temptation greater than you befall you. But with this temptation, He will provide the way of escape, that you will be able to endure it.” – 1 Corinthians 10:13
27. “Be strong and fearless; don’t be afraid or scared by your enemies, because the Lord your God is the one who marches with you. He won’t let you down and won’t abandon you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
28. “God is our refuge and strength and very present help in our times of trouble.” – Psalm 46:1
29. “Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength, and they will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
30. “When you have done everything you can, that’s when God will step in and do what you can’t do.” – 2 Corinthians 12:10
31. Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time, we shall reap if we don’t grow weary.” – Galatians 6:9
32. “As long as you know that God is for you, it doesn’t matter who is against you.” Romans 8:31
33. “And let us consider how many may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another and all the more as you see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25
34. “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
35. “God uses broken people like you and me to rescue broken people like you and me.” Eddie Cortes
36. “Yea, though I walk through the value of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil – for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they protect me.” Psalm 23:4
37. “Now faith is confidence and assurance for the things we do not see.” – Hebrews 11:1
38. “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; whom shall be afraid.” – Psalm 27:12
39. “May the God of hope fill you all joy and peace in faith so that you overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
40. “Happy are those who are hopeless, for theirs is the kingdom of God; blessed are those who grieve because they will be made glad; happy are humble for they shall inherit the earth. – Matthew 5:3-5
41. “You have been born anew, not from perishable but imperishable seed, through the living and abiding word of God.” 1 Peter 1:23
42. “God knows exactly what you need, who you need, and when you need it.” – Joel Osteen
43. “When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?” – Psalm 56:3-4
44. “And I am certain that God who started the work within you will continue his work until it is finally finished.” – Philippians 1:6
45. Even though my strength and my heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” – Psalm 73:26
Is There Any Difference Between Encouragement and Praise?
Encouragement and praise differ in so many ways. In contrast, encouragement focuses on different situations one may find themselves, while praise is perceived to be connected to one’s feelings, often linked to positive accomplishments. There are different situations where they both play out; nevertheless, it can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between them.
In another light, words of encouragement matter’s most when one is in a complicated situation and feels depressed or less motivated. However, praise matter’s most when one wants to get to the height of one’s career or achievement. That being said, words that are heard when you are being praised always triggers a positive feeling. For instance, “You are brilliant,” “I’m so proud of you,” “You are a genius,” and much more.
On the other hand, words of encouragement create a thought-provoking feeling that can revive someone’s fighting spirit, especially when they are on the verge of giving up. Generally, encouragement and praise can work together, and they help achieve a common purpose – to motivate or encourage someone.
What Are Other Ways To Encourage People?
Words of encouragement do the magic in lightening up people’s hearts and giving them an assurance that they are appreciated and valued. However, there are other things one can do to encourage others aside from words. Everyone has what works best for them, and this may vary between different individuals. Please do the following to help encourage other people when they are having a hard time in life.
1. Admit You Understand How They Feel: When you meet someone experiencing hard times in life, you figured they need to be encouraged. The first and one of the essential things to do is acknowledge that you understand how they feel. By so doing, you will not only succeed in making them feel relaxed, but they would also feel confident sharing things with you.
2. Be a Good Listener: When people feel comfortable around you, they share all their problems with you. Listening can be one of the best things to do rather than rushing to start solving a problem without building a rapport first. With this, you will understand them and their needs, which will help you figure out the best things to say or advice to give them.
3. Try Motivational Words: When you use kind and encouraging words, it will always go a long way in making someone feel loved and inspired. For instance, when one encourages their teammates or employees, it will help them remain positive-minded, focused, and productive. However, try to be more exact with the input they made to boost their morale.
4. Send them Gifts That Shows You Appreciate Their Efforts: Gifts wouldn’t be a bad idea for someone hurting and depressed. Although gifts may vary according to the person’s relationship with you, it will help lighten up their day and make them know that someone really cares, even when you are not around. Gifts with inscribed words of encouragement will certainly do the magic.
5. Applaud Them For Their Achievements, No Matter How Little: There are little acts that count in life, and one of such acts is celebrating people for their achievements no matter how little they are. You will create a sense of feeling that they are important and their efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. Whether you take them out or invite them over for dinner, this can be a treat they would never forget.
6. Try Introducing Them with a Little Hype: When you notice someone sad, depressed, and down-spirited, introducing them by hyping their capabilities, qualities, and things they have accomplished in front of other people will go a long way to make them know you value their friendship and they mean a lot to you.
7. Smile: A smile doesn’t cost much but gives more; some may see it as nothing but a perfect-timed smile can encourage someone in so many ways. A smile can sometimes be infectious, and people who are always smiling have a way of lightening up the moods of those around them. If that’s the case, putting up a smile might be all that is needed to keep them flying higher.
Is It Possible to Encourage Yourself?
Many people find it easy to encourage others, but it becomes a herculean task to motivate themselves. Life can cruel sometimes, and when you find yourself swimming against the tide, you can motivate yourself with a few words of encouragement or perhaps listen to a motivational podcast. With this, one can be certain that you won’t break down during hard times but will give you massive strength, even in your moment of weakness. When you stay motivated, it will lead to a more impactful and successful life, self-confidence, better relationships, and good health. If you are looking for how to get started, why don’t you try the following:
- Consider keeping a diary for noting your various activities daily, thus measuring your success. Reading this journal each day will help you evaluate yourself and give you more courage to achieve more.
- Keep to the positive side of life, avoiding those things that will bring negativity and feeling of underachievement. Live healthy, exercise, and have a good sleep; it helps.
- Listen to motivational videos and podcasts, as this will help set your mind on that path of experiencing a more fulfilling and happy day. More than that, your favorite songs can also do the magic for you.
- You can sign up to websites for daily motivational quotes as this will always come when needed the most. Those quotes or words of encouragement have a way of keeping the soul at peace and the brain working to its full capacity.
- Finally, don’t forget to always surround yourself with people who make you feel your best, especially those that make you feel you can achieve anything you set your mind on. We are convinced their presence will always help you to keep pushing in difficult times.