Saying thank you is one of the earliest forms of being polite a person can learn as it is important to show gratitude to the people around you. Being grateful for even the smallest things is a sign of good social skills, it also makes the recipient feel good about themselves because nobody likes to feel unappreciated. Showing gratitude is a sign of respect and acknowledgment of a person’s efforts and when a person is duly appreciated, they will be encouraged to do more.
There are so many ways to say thank you both in words and actions. Hence, to help you show appreciation in some of the best ways possible, we have listed some notable and worthy ways that will fully capture your gratitude.
How To Say Thank You Meaningfully
Expressing gratitude should be done in the best ways possible. Instead of just saying “Thank you” there are some meaningful ways to express gratitude that will prove the sincerity of your appreciation. Here are some worthy examples.
1. I couldn’t have pulled this off without your help, I am very grateful
Acknowledging a person’s efforts in your gratitude message is one of the very meaningful ways to express your gratitude.
2. We cannot find the right words to express how very grateful we are for all you do
If you are sending a gratitude message on behalf of a group of people, this is a good way to say thanks.
3. I will remain eternally grateful to you
For close friends and loved ones, this is a good way to express gratitude.
4. For all your efforts and input, I say thank you very much
Showing how grateful you are by highlighting your recipient’s effort is very laudable.
5. I am at loss for words about your kindness, I really appreciate you
Expression of modesty with your choice of words is also one of the meaningful ways to say thank you.
6. When I count my blessings, I count you twice. I am indebted to you
This is a heartfelt appreciation message for your loved one—spouse, lover, relative, or close friend. Telling them how important they have been to you will help them feel the sincerity of your appreciation.
7. My sincerest appreciation to you for all you have done
This is a good way to thank a friend or a colleague for their noble actions.
8. I may never be able to thank you enough
This is a straightforward yet meaningful way of expressing gratitude.
9. You are so thoughtful and kind, I am grateful for all your care
Highlighting some praiseworthy attributes of your recipient is a good way to show gratitude. This message is apt for your friend or friends who regularly check on you to be sure you are fine.
10. Your efforts can never go unnoticed. We appreciate you
Reminding a friend or a colleague that their efforts are not overlooked is one of the best ways to thank them. They will feel very appreciated.
11. Thank you for this opportunity, I’ll not take it for granted
If you want to thank an employer or a client, this message is a good appreciation message.
12. I owe you many thanks for everything
This is a simple yet meaningful way to express your gratitude.
13. I’ll never forget all your good deeds. You are the best and I appreciate you
Letting your recipient know that their action or actions will not be forgotten in a hurry, is a warm way to express gratitude.
14. Kindly accept my gratitude for all you do
For a colleague or a friend, this message conveys your grateful feelings appropriately. It shows that you acknowledge them for the good deed.
15. The best words seem so little to describe how deeply grateful I am for you
This is a good way to say thanks to your loved one, girlfriend, or spouse. You can throw in a few more romantic sweet words before or after this message.
Other Ways to Say Thank You
There are creatively beautiful ways of expressing gratitude that is sure to leave a lasting impression and encourage the recipient to do more for you. Here are some ideas.
1. A gift basket
Gifts are beautiful ways to show appreciation. Order a gratitude gift basket or create one and have it delivered to your recipient with a thank you note. This is a very good way of thanking a person who means something to you.
2. An appreciation dinner
This is a common way of saying thank you in professional circles. If you or your company recently landed a good business deal and would like to appreciate both staff and partners, an appreciation dinner can be suitable.
3. Send flowers
One of the cutest ways to say thank you is by sending flowers with a gratitude note to the recipient. This is suitable for your girlfriend, lover, friend, or colleague.
4. Thank you poems
You can go poetic with your gratitude. Poems are beautiful, and so, if you are a poet you can write your recipient a thank you poem or choose any of the examples below.
- I really appreciate you
Your helpful, giving ways
And how your generous heart
Your unselfishness displays. I thank you for your kindness
I will not soon forget
You’re one of the nicest people
I have ever met
By Joanna Fuchs
I would write a million thank yous
If I thought anyone would say
Just how much I am grateful
For what you did today
I will not write a million thank yous
Because that would take too much time
But just know I am truly thankful
For what you did for me and mine
Like a breeze that restores the soul
Hope is a gift freely given
From those who have it to those that don’t
Like the Phoenix that rises from the ashes
I am renewed by the hope you’ve given me
And I thank you endlessly for it
By Kelly Roper
From the bottom of my heart
To the tip of my toes
You are the best
And that –
I thank you. I thank you
You do have the touch
You’ve made me so happy
I thank you
By Denise Rodgers
5. Write a letter
This works best for formal situations. If you want to show gratitude to your employer or a business partner, a thank you letter either mailed or emailed to the recipient will do just fine.
6. Tickets to their favorite concert
Seal your thanks by gifting your recipient with a ticket to their favorite concert. They would absolutely love it.
7. A thank you playlist
Another fun and creative way to show gratitude is to create a playlist of your recipient’s favorite songs and some songs on gratitude and send them the link as a way of saying thank you. Whenever they listen to the playlist, they will be reminded of your gratitude.
8. A tea party
Tea parties are cute and warm. If you want to express gratitude to your friends or bridesmaids, a tea party is recommended. You can make an appreciation toast with a cup of tea.
9. A Baecation
Saying thank you to your spouse or lover can be made more special with a vacation for the both of you, especially if it is something your partner has been looking forward to. Express gratitude on your next anniversary with a baecation.
10. A shopping voucher
One of the ways you can say thank you and leave a lasting impression is to give your recipient a shopping voucher for their favorite store, as a show of your appreciation. Appreciation shopping vouchers can be given to both friends and family.
Different Ways to Say Thank You
Showing gratitude can neither be understated nor overstated. Saying thank you to people, strangers, and even to yourself, has plenty of advantages. Here are some different ways to express gratitude.
1. Thank you cards
Thank you cards are thoughtful and fancy ways to say thank you. If you want to make a statement with your gratefulness, get a thank you card with a message or quote that best resonates with you and send it to your recipient.
2. Gratitude journal
Gratitude journals are self-appreciating journals that help you say thank you to yourself daily or document things you are grateful for on a daily basis. You can either purchase a gratitude journal or make one for yourself. Gratitude journals are really helpful and are recommended. Why thank everyone else and not yourself?
3. Thank you quotes
If you want to be a tad philosophical with your gratitude, you coin your own thank you quote or use thoughtful quotes. Quotes can be used over text, handwritten on a card, Or used in an email. You can send thank you quotes to your close friend, lover, spouse, or family members. Here are some worthy examples:
“I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks.” – William Shakespeare
“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” —James Allen
“A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all the other virtues.” — Cicero
“For your thoughtfulness and generosity, from you, I have learned much of life’s philosophy, Thank you sincerely.” — Unknown
- “I don’t know if I should thank you or whoever made you such a nice person.” – Unknown
“You are hilarious, kind, and generous. I’m so happy and appreciative to have you as a friend.” — Unknown
- “I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you, my heart has no bottom.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for accepting me as I am, with my virtues and defects.” – Jenni Rivera
“You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.” –Steve Maraboli
- “I appreciate you more because of the road I’ve traveled. My story brought me to you and I wouldn’t revise a word of my past if it led me anywhere but to your door.” – Aaron Polson
For people who love using abbreviations in informal conversations over text or chat, thank you abbreviations can come in very handy. Here are a few good examples:
- 10Q (Thank you)
- 10X (Thanks)
- TanQ (Thank you)
- TY (Thank you)
- TKU (Thank you)
- ThnQ (Thank you)
- TTY ( Thanks to you)
- TYFT (Thank you for this)
- Tnx (Thanks)
- TU (Thank you)
- TUVM (Thank you very much)
- TA (Thanks a lot)
5. Memes and stickers
Memes and stickers are cute ways to say thank you, especially when you are texting the recipient. There are several very cute or hilarious thank-you stickers and memes available online and you can select one or a couple and send them to your recipient.
6. Give rewards/bonuses
Perfect for employers, giving rewards or bonuses is one way to say thank you to your employees. It can be monthly, quarterly, or annually, but if you have a great workforce, one of the ways to show your gratitude to your employees is to give them bonuses or other forms of pleasant rewards.
7. Use slang
If you want to thank your buddies, high school friends, colleagues, or co-workers who you are very familiar with, you can thank them in a cool way with some thank you slang. Here are some examples:
- Cheers, mate
- Big ups, man!
- Much obliged!
- Shabba ranks!
8. Bake it in a cake
Most people love cakes and for a cake lover, one of the ways you can tell them thank you is to have a cake baked for them with the inscription “Thank You” inscribed on it. You can also have it inscribed on cupcakes. This is a delicious way to show appreciation.
9. A radio shout out
If you want to go extra with your gratitude, you can always get a shout-out done on the radio during your recipient’s favorite radio show. You may pay a fee to have that done though, but if the recipient is a fan of radio shoutouts, this will make them very happy and feel appreciated. You can do this for your lover or spouse.
10. An appreciation post on social media
If you want to go public with your appreciation, you can always use your preferred social media platform to make a post on how grateful you are. However, you need to check with the recipient if they are comfortable with being thanked on social media. It is not everyone that is comfortable with public attention.
11. Keeping it short and simple
If you are a person of few words, here are some short and simple phrases that will convey your message of gratitude.
- Thanks a lot!
- I am grateful!
- Gracias muchos! (Thank you very much in Spanish)
- Thanks a bunch!
- I’m thankful a million times!
- I appreciate you a lot
- Thanks for everything
- I will not be able to thank you enough
- I owe you!
- Thanks, you rock!
- You are highly thanked
Funny Ways to Say Thank You
Expressing gratitude must not always be done with serious words. You can say thank you in various funny ways that will also cause laughter. However, before you choose to show appreciation in a funny way, be sure that your audience/recipient has a sense of humor and will understand your humor. Here are some examples.
1. How would you like your thank you served? Hot or cold?
This is one of the funny ways to say thank you. Give your recipient a “coffee-themed thank you” especially if they are a coffee lover.
2. You are one in a watermelon!
Most people say “you are one in a million” when they want to express gratitude. However, you can make it fun by changing yours to you are one in a watermelon.
3. You get a thank you, you get a thank you, and everybody gets a thank you!
If you are looking for a funny way to say thank you to a group of people, this is a very good way to express or rather announce your thank you. Be sure to be animated and dramatic while saying it.
4. Here you go, take a slice from my box of gratitude
If your recipient is a lover of pizza, this is a fun way of expressing your gratitude. You can go a step further by actually offering them a slice of pizza, so they can enjoy the delicious thank you.
5. I present to you, my thanks!
One of the funny ways to express gratitude is to say it in a presentable manner. This is funny and witty.
6. You deserve an award for getting a thank you
Awards are one of the ways people get thanked for their work and efforts. So, getting an award for being thanked is a double dose.
7. Let my thank you make you look even prettier
If you want to compliment and thank your lady friends at the same time. This is a smart way to do it. Your recipient is sure to chuckle at your wit.
8. Only a few people have ever heard me say thank you, and you are lucky to be one of them
If you want to be grateful and boastful about it at the same time, then this is a good way to start. However, be sure that the recipient understands your sense of humor. This is most suitably told to a younger sibling.
9. I don’t always express gratitude, but when I do, you are welcome
This is a mischievously funny way of expressing gratitude to a close friend or a sibling. If you want to be sarcastic about saying thank you, this is one of your best bets.
10. I will find you and I will thank you
This is a very funny one to say, especially over the phone. A remake of the popular Liam Neeson’s line from the movie Taken, instead of “I will find you and I will kill you”, make it hilarious by saying—” I will find you and I will thank you”.
11. Here is a freshly made bowl of sweet gratitude
You can also tease your recipient’s taste buds as you show them your gratitude. It is funny to make them think of food when you are saying thank you.
12. I want you to give me a dollar for each time I say thank you to you. I need to buy a house
If you regularly express gratitude to a person, a friend perhaps, a relative, or a friendly neighbor, you can switch it up the next time you say thank you to them by cracking a joke that shows you are always grateful and you could possibly earn money from it should you get paid for saying thank you to them.
13. Me is grateful, you is amazing
This is another hilariously silly way of expressing gratitude. By talking like you barely speak English, your recipient is sure to laugh as they acknowledge your gratitude.
14. Grassy Ass!
This is a funny way of saying gracias. Gracias means thank you in Spanish. Thus, Grassy Ass is a corruption of the Spanish word of gratitude. You can say this to an unsuspecting Spaniard and they may not notice the difference, which makes it all the funnier.
15. I should send you a photo of me because I look very grateful
This is a funny way of saying thank you over the phone, especially by text. Just be ready to send a photo of you though, in case your friend ends up demanding the photo.
16. Say it in an unfamiliar language
One of the funny ways you can say thank you is by saying it in a language that the other person is not familiar with. It will get them to laugh before asking you to interpret. For example, if you say thank you in Nigerian pidgin to a person who is not familiar with it, your recipient is most likely to laugh before asking you to explain what you said.
How to Say Thank You in Different Languages
The English word Thank you is one of the most widely known ways of expressing gratitude, citizens of non-English speaking countries understand when tourists say “Thank you”.
However, if you intend to travel to a non-English speaking country you should learn how to say thank you in their lingua franca. You can also impress your friends/family or acquaintances by saying thank you to them in another language. Here are some noteworthy ways to express gratitude in 30 different languages.
- How to Say Thank you in Japanese: Arigato
- How to Say Thank you in German: Danke
- How to Say Thank you in Portuguese: Obrigado
- How to Say Thank you in Korean: Gahm-sa-hab-ni-da
- How to Say Thank you in Arabic: Shukran
- How to Say Thank you in French: Merci
- How to Say Thank you in Spanish: Gracias
- How to Say Thank you in Russian: Spasiba
- How to Say Thank you in Indonesian: Terima kasih
- How to Say Thank you in Hindi: Dhun-yuh-vaad
- How to Say Thank you in Turkish: Teşekkürler
- How to Say Thank you in Swedish: Tack
- How to Say Thank you in Danish: Tak
- How to Say Thank you in Swahili: Asante
- How to Say Thank you in Dutch: Bendankt
- How to Say Thank you in Greek: Efcharisto
- How to Say Thank you in Polish: Dzieki
- How to Say Thank you in Italian: Grazie
- How to Say Thank you in Hawaiian: Mahalo
- How to Say Thank you in Vietnamese: Cảm ơn
- How to Say Thank you in Hebrew: Toda
- How to Say Thank you in Thai: khawp khun
- How to Say Thank you in Latin: Gratias tibi ago
- How to Say Thank you in Chinese(Mandarin): Xièxiè
- How to Say Thank you in Norwegian: Takk skal du ha
- How to Say Thank you in Nigerian Pidgin: Na you try pass
- How to Say Thank you in Filipino: Salamat sa-LAH-mat
- How to Say Thank you in Finish: Kiitos
- How to Say Thank you in Taiwanese: To-siā
- How to Say Thank you in Hungarian: Köszönöm