Tyler Perry’s The Oval Season 5, the popular political drama series will be released on the 17th of October, 2023, on BET.
Fans are sure in for a treat as the season will continue the gripping tale of a seemingly innocuous interracial first family of the United States, who have some wild shenanigans going on at the White House. Their domestic and official staff are also not left out of the whole brouhaha. Upon its initial release, The Oval was billed as a supercharged version of the political drama genre, and it has more than lived up to it.
When Does The Oval Come Back On?
The Oval will return to TV screens, specifically BET, on the 17th of October, 2023. What fans will be seeing is the 5th season of the series. Recall that Season 1 of The Oval premiered on the 23rd of October 2019 and aired a total of 25 episodes.
The show’s convoluted storyline, featuring off-the-charts levels of scandal, sex, depravity, and betrayal, quickly made it a fan favorite, and as such, it was consistently renewed over the years. The latest installment in the saga is now upon us, and Season 5 of The Oval will begin airing on October 17, 2023.
The Cast of The Oval Season 5
- Ed Quinn
- Kron Moore
- Javon Johnson
- Ptosha Storey
- Vaughn Hebron
- Teesha Renee
- Daniel Croix Henderson
- Lodric D. Collins
- Ciera Payton
- Walter Fauntleroy
- Taja V. Simpson
- Brad Benedict
- Travis Cure
- Matthew Law
- Bill Barrett
- Derek A. Dixon
- Nick Barrotta
- Nelson Estevez
- Kaye Singleton
- Russell Thomas
The Oval Season 5 Characters
- Hunter Franklin – The President of the United States
- Victoria Franklin -The First Lady of the United States
- Jason Franklin – Hunter and Victoria’s son
- Richard Hallsen – The White House Butler
- Nancy Hallsen – The Butler’s wife
- Barry Hallsen – Richard and Nancy’s son
- Sharon – Barry’s former girlfriend who later starts dating Kareem
- Donald Winthrop – The White House Chief of Staff
- Lilly Winthrop – Donald’s wife
- Bobby – Lilly’s friend
- Priscilla Owens – The White House residence staff supervisor
- Sam Owen – a Secret Service Agent
- Kyle Flint – a Secret Service Agent
- Max Carter – a Secret Service Agent
- Alonzo White – a Secret Service Agent
- Kareem Richardson – a local pharmacy owner
- Dale – a pharmacy worker
- Allan – Donald’s assistant and Ellie’s ex-boyfriend
- Eli – The Vice President of the United States
- Simone – The wife of the Vice President of the United States ie, the Second Lady
How Many Episodes of The Oval Season 5 Will There Be?
Season 5 of The Oval will likely have around 22 episodes. Although the series began with a Season 1, which had 25 episodes, subsequent seasons have had 22 episodes each. Seasons 3 and 4 were split into two halves of 11 episodes each. The first parts were aired on an October to December cycle, while the 2nd parts were aired on a January to March cycle. This pattern is likely to be repeated for Season 5 of the show as well.
Where Can I Watch The Oval?
The Oval is an original production of BET and as such, the best bet, pun unintended, for fans that want to watch Season 5 of the show is to head on over to BET. They will require a cable subscription to get the channel and, as such, should inquire about local cable TV service providers.
After its initial run on BET, Season 5 of The Oval will be available for streaming on platforms such as Bet+ Amazon Channel, Bet+, and FuboTV. Fans can also pay and download it on Apple TV, Amazon Video, Vudu, and Google Play Movies.
If you have not yet watched The Oval and would like to embark on a binge-watching session to catch up on all the whole drama before Season 5 is released on October 17, 2023, then you can also check out the platforms listed above, as they have the first four seasons of The Oval available for your viewing pleasure. Of course, you may require a subscription for the streaming platforms. You will also have to make a one-off payment for the purchase.