Playing trivia questions and answers is a way to bond and learn new things. For those who love to have some fun during a Christian gathering, Bible trivia questions and answers would be an excellent choice. From kids to adults and teenagers, there are trivia questions for everyone. How well do you know your Bible as a Christian or scholar? These carefully selected bible trivia questions and answers would be the best way to find out.
Hard Bible Trivia Questions For Adults and Their Answers
As the holy book of Christians, the Bible contains historical events, most of which any adult who believes in the religion should know a thing or two about. Let’s see how much you have been reading your Bible.
1. How many people did Noah’s ark carry?
Noah’s wife, Emzara, alongside the wives of his three sons, are among the eight people who made it into the ark and survived the flood.
2. What are the names of the birds Noah sent out of the ark to check if the water had dried up?
Answer: Raven and dove
To make sure the flood was over, Noah sent a raven and a dove outside the ark, and they came back with good news.
3. When did the exodus from Egypt take place?
Answer: 13th-century BCA
Under the leadership of Moses, the people of Israel trooped out of Israel, heading to the promised land.
4. Which celestial bodies did Joshua command to stay still?
Answer: The sun and moon
While serving as the leader of the Israelites during the exodus, Joshua prayed to God to make the sun and moon stand still that they may win a war.
5. Which tribe was Paul from?
Answer: Tribe of Benjamin
Though there is scanty information in the Bible about Paul’s family, he would always describe himself as “of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee.”
6. Which Babylonian emperor let the Israelites return to their homeland?
Answer: Emperor Cyrus the Great
As narrated in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah, the Jews were allowed to end their exile in Babylon and return to Israel following the decree by the emperor.
7. What name was given to the Jewish ruling council that plotted Jesus’ death?
Answer: The Sanhedrin
The Sanhedrin consisted of either twenty-three or seventy-one elders appointed to sit as a tribunal.
8. How many books did Paul write in the Bible?
13 of the 27 books of the New Testament were reportedly written by Apostle Paul, and he played a huge role in the propagation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
9. What was Daniel’s punishment for praying when it was not allowed?
Answer: He got thrown into a lion’s den
A man with strong faith, Daniel refused to stop praying to God when the king gave a decree, which landed him in the lion’s den.
10. Who was the father of Jesus?
While Mary and Joseph played the role of his human parents, Jesus’ mother conceived Him through the power of the Holy Spirit without sin.
11. At what age did Sarah, the wife of Abraham, die?
Sarah was 90 years old when she conceived and bore her son Isaac, and she died at the age of 127.
12. How did Jezebel die?
Answer: She was thrown out of a window
Despite her dedicated efforts to establish pagan worship among the Israelites, Queen Jezebel did not succeed. She was thrown from a high window, and dogs devoured her body.
13. Which well did Abraham and Abimelech fight over?
Beersheba is a large city in Israel, but the well Abraham and King Abimelech fought for also had the same name.
14. Which book of the Bible mentioned Haman?
Esther thwarted the evil plots of the villain, Haman, who had the intention to destroy the Jews.
15. When exactly did the Jews celebrate Passover?
Answer: 14th-day of the 1st month.
Though things have changed a bit, the Jews still celebrate Passover to commemorate their exodus from slavery in Egypt.
16. What was the name of Moses’ wife?
Zippora was the daughter of Jethro before she married Moses and gave birth to his two sons, Eliezer and Gershom.
17. What is the longest book in the Bible?
The book of Psalms is the longest book in the Bible, with 30,147 words in length.
18. How long did Enoch live?
Answer: 430 years
Enoch was ordained a priest by Adam at the age of 25, blessed at 65, and lived another 365 years before his demise.
19. Who requested for the head of John the Baptist?
Herodias told her daughter Salome to entice King Herod with her dancing skills, and when the king told her to make a request, it was John the Baptist’s head on a platter she asked for.
20. Who was killed first between Jesus and John the Baptist?
Answer: John the Baptist
From the accounts in the canonical gospels of the New Testament, the beheading of John the Baptist happened first before Jesus was crucified.
21. Who did Peter address his first letter to?
Answer: The “elect resident aliens.”
The book was addressed to those who have found their home in different places like Galatia, Asia, and Cappadocia.
22. What was engraved in the headband of high priests?
Answer: Holiness to the Lord
The high priests wore the Tzitz, a rectangular plate of solid gold with the inscription’ Holiness to the Lord’ engraved in Hebrew letters.
23. What kind of spirit possessed the girl in Philippi?
Answer: Python spirit
Paul met the Philippi girl possessed by a python spirit and commanded the spirit to leave her in the name of Jesus.
24. Who warned Paul about the plot to kill him?
Answer: His nephew
Paul’s nephew helped him convey the same message to the commander.
25. What were the names of the three sons of Adam and Eve?
Answer: Cain, Abel, and Seth
Adam and Eve were the first man and woman on earth, and they had three sons.
26. How long did it take Paul to move back to Jerusalem?
Answer: Fourteen years
It took 14 years after his conversion before Paul found his way back to Jerusalem.
27. How many Psalms are in the Bible
The book of Psalm is Biblical poetry that consists of 150 chapters and a total of 2,461 verses.
28. What was the last plague that forced Pharaoh to finally let the Israelites go?
Answer: Death of the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt.
After nine terrible plagues, Pharaoh refused to listen to the message Moses brought from God – to let His people go. However, the 10th plague shook the land, and he had to comply.
29. In which city was Jesus born?
For centuries, there has been a widespread belief that people have believed that the exact place Jesus was born is where the Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem, now stands.
30. How many divisions and sections does the bible have?
Answer: 2 and 8
The Bible is divided into two – the Old Testament and the New Testament while there are eight sections comprising of the following:
- The Law – Genesis-Deuteronomy.
- History – Joshua-Esther.
- Poetry Job – Song of Solomon.
- Prophecy. Isaiah – Malachi.
- Gospels. Matthew – John.
- History – Acts
- Epistles – Romans-Jude.
- Prophecy – Revelation
Bible Trivia Questions For Teens and Their Answers
As a Christian teenager, you are expected to be familiar with many facts in the Bible, and these Bible trivia questions and answers for teens will test your knowledge of the holy book.
31. Is the Bible the best-selling book of all time?
It is on Guinness World Records that the Bible is the best-selling book of all time, with at least 5 billion copies of the holy book sold as of 1995. Qur’an has recorded 800 million copies sold, while 190 million copies go for the Book of Mormon.
32. What names are given to the first and last books in the Bible?
Answer: Genesis and Revelation
The Bible begins with the book of Genesis and wraps up with Revelation.
33. What are the four synoptic gospels in the New Testament
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
The four gospels tell the story of the life of Jesus in a similar pattern which is why they are called the synoptic gospels.
34. Did David write the whole book of Psalms?
Although he contributed most of them, David is not the only person who wrote the book of Psalms.
35. How many books are in the Bible
The most popular book in the world has a total of 66 books in it.
36. What is the shortest book in the Bible by word count?
Answer: 3 John
The third book of John is the shortest in the Bible when you judge by word count, but 2 John has fewer verses.
37. What are the original languages the Bible was written in?
Answer: Hebrew and Greek
The Old Testament was originally given in Hebrew, while the New Testament came in the Greek language.
38. What did Zacchaeus promise to give to the poor in reparation for his sins?
Answer: Half of his wealth
After listening to Jesus preach, Zacchaeus turned a new leaf and decided to pay back what he had stolen from people.
39. Where was Saul traveling to when he had a divine encounter and was converted?
Saul was going to Damascus to kill more Christians when the Holy Spirit changed his life.
40. What did Jacob change his name to?
Jacob had wrestled with a divine being who gave him the name Israel. Ten of his 13 children later became the founders of Israel.
41. Who cleaned Jesus’ feet with her hair in Luke?
Answer: Mary – Lazarus’s sister
While dining with the family of Lazarus, Mary – the sister of Lazarus, poured expensive perfume on Jesus’ feet and cleaned it with her hair.
42. How many books are in the Old Testament?
Answer: 39 books
While the Bible has a total of 66 books, 39 of them are found in the Old Testament.
43. How many books did Paul write in the Bible?
Paul is the human writer with the highest number of books in the Bible.
44. How many books are in the New Testament of the Bible?
Answer: 27 books
There are 27 books in the Bible, including the synoptic gospels.
45. How many words did Moses write in the Bible?
Answer: 125,139 words
Moses is the human author in the Bible with the highest number of written words.
46. In the creation story, when did God create man?
Answer: On the sixth day
After creating everything in the world, God made man take charge of what he has created.
47. Where did Adam and Eve live?
Answer: Garden of Eden
God put the first man and woman he created in the Garden of Eden, where they lived until they disobeyed Him by eating the forbidden fruit.
48. How many days did it rain when Noah was on the ark?
Answer: 40 days and nights
Noah and his family were safe inside the ark while the earth was destroyed by the flood.
49. What were the names of Noah’s sons?
Answer: Shem, Ham, Japheth
Noah’s three sons entered the ark, and through them, the earth was populated again.
50. What mission were the men at the Tower of Babel trying to achieve?
Answer: Build a tower so tall it could touch Heaven
Out of curiosity, men set out to build a tower in the land of Shinar, Babylon. They wanted to use the tower to get closer to God.
51. What condition did God give Moses before he could approach the burning bush?
Answer: Take off his sandals
At that moment, the spot with the burning bush was considered sacred, and Moses had to remove his sandals to go close.
52. When did Jesus die?
Answer: At the age of 33
Born around 6 and 4 BC, Jesus started his ministry work around AD 27-29 and died around AD 30 and 36.
53. Where did the contest between Elijah and the prophets of Baal take place?
Answer: Mount Carmel
Elijah and the prophets of Baal assembled on the mountain to prove whose god is almighty.
54. When Moses went to get the 10 Commandments, what did Aaron do?
Answer: He made a golden calf for the people to worship
Because Moses took time to come back with the commandments from God, the Israelites pressured Aaron into making a god for them to worship.
55. What are the first five books in the Bible called?
The books that make up the Pentateuch are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
56. In which part of the Bible is the perseverance of Job recorded?
Answer: James 5:10-11
The story of Job stands as a lesson to Christians to put their trust in God even in hardship.
57. Who did Abraham have his first child with?
When Sarah was convinced she would never bear a child, she gave her handmaid, Hagar, to Abraham, and they bore a son named Ishmael.
58. What was Abraham’s name before it was changed?
After entering a covenant with God, his name was changed from Abram to Abraham and his wife’s name from Sarai to Sarah.
59. What was the name of the first son of Abraham?
While Isaac dominated as the son of Abraham, Ishmael was the first son of Abraham, and he became the father of Ishmaelites.
60. What animal did the staff of Moses turn into when he went to confront Pharaoh to let the Israelites go?
Turning his staff into a snake was one of the earliest signs Moses showed Pharoah, who had his magicians perform magic, but none was any match to the power of God in Moses.
Bible Trivia Questions For Kids and Their Answers
Catching them young is the best approach, and if you want the kids to be grounded in the Christian faith, some simple Bible trivia questions and answers will be a good choice when they want to play games.
61. How many days did Jesus stay in the grave before he arose?
Answer: Three days
After the third day following his burial, Jesus rose from the dead and appeared to some of his disciples.
62. Who baptized Jesus before his ministry commenced?
Answer: John the Baptist
John the Baptist baptized people with water, and Jesus went to him to fulfill all righteousness.
63. How many plagues did God unleash on Egypt to force Pharaoh to let His people go?
It took ten terrible plagues before Pharaoh was forced to let the Israelites leave Egypt, and even after they left, he sent his army after them.
64. Who were the human parents of Jesus?
Answer: Joseph and Mary
Mary was engaged to be married to Joseph before she was conceived by the Holy Spirit. They both played a big part in the success of Jesus’ mission on earth.
65. How many baskets were still filled with food after Jesus fed the 5,000?
After feeding a big crowd with just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, the disciples gathered the remaining food and filled 12 baskets. This was one of the earliest miracles Jesus performed.
66. What kind of idol did Aaron craft for the Israelites to worship while waiting for Moses?
Answer: A Golden Calf
Aaron succumbed to the pressure the Israelites mounted on him and made a golden calf for them to worship because Moses took time before returning with the ten commandments.
67. Who was the first man on earth?
According to the creation story recorded in the book of Genesis, the first man God created was named Adam.
68. Which book comes first in the Bible?
The book of Genesis focuses on the beginning of all things and how God created the world with the word of His mouth and put man in charge.
69. Why did God expel Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden?
Answer: They ate the forbidden fruit
The Garden of Eden was filled with everything good, and God created Adam and Eve to live there and take care of it. However, they disobeyed God by eating the only thing he asked them not to touch.
70. How many brothers did Joseph have?
Joseph lived with his brothers and one sister in the land of Canaan. He was his father’s favorite child, and this did not please his brothers.
71. Who were the first apostles Jesus called to follow him?
Answer: Peter and Andrew
Jesus had twelve disciples, and the first two to join this group were two brothers, Peter and Andrew.
72. Who was the first king of Israel?
Saul, David, and Solomon were the first three kings to rule Israel according to the order they are named. Saul reigned around c. 1021–1000 bc.
73. Who was put inside Lion’s den?
For refusing to obey the king’s order that nobody should pray within a stipulated time frame, Daniel was arrested, and his punishment was to throw him inside a den of lions, but God saved him.
74. How did Joseph’s brothers get him out of the way?
Answer: By selling him into slavery
The jealousy they felt towards their brother led Joseph’s brothers to plot how to kill him, but they eventually sold him into slavery, and that was how he went to Egypt and became a prominent figure.
75. What was David’s Job before he became a king?
Answer: A shepherd
While he was out with his flock, Prophet Samuel sent for David to crown him the second King of Israel after Saul.
76. Where did Jesus walk on water?
Answer: The Sea of Galilee
While they were on a boat on The Sea of Galilee, the disciples saw Jesus walking on water towards them.
77. Who came to Jesus at night?
Nicodemus was a member of the Jewish ruling council and came to Jesus to inquire about the kingdom of God.
78. What kind of Job did Matthew do before he followed Jesus?
Answer: A tax collector
Before he received the call to work in the ministry with Jesus, Matthew worked as a tax collector in Capernaum.
79. What kind of gift did Jacob give Joseph that made his siblings jealous?
Answer: A coat of many colors
Joseph was his father’s favorite, and he showered him with gifts.
80. What was Bartimaeus’ challenge?
Answer: He was blind
Blind Bartimaeus was one of the people Jesus healed of their sicknesses.
81. How many lepers were healed by Jesus, after which only one came back to show gratitude?
Jesus healed ten lepers and sent them off, but only one returned.
82. Which disciple betrayed Jesus?
Answer: Judas Iscariot
He gave Jesus up to the Sanhedrin with a kiss.
83. Which verse is the shortest in the Bible?
Answer: John 11:35 – Jesus wept
The reason Jesus wept was that his friend Lazarus was dead.
84. What did Jesus use to feed the 5,000?
Answer: 5 loaves and 2 fish
Jesus multiplied 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish to feed a multitude of people.
85. True or false – did Jesus chase children away when he preached?
Jesus continually told his disciples to allow the children to come close to him.
86. Who denied Jesus 3 times?
After Jesus was arrested, Peter was recognized as one of his followers, and he denied it three times.
87. What is the 1st commandment?
Answer: You shall have no other gods before me
God made it clear in the commandments whom you shall worship.
88. Which commandment says honor your father and mother?
Answer: the 5th commandment
God reminded us to obey our parents at all times.
89. What was Apostle Paul’s name before his conversion?
Answer: Saul of Tarsus
Apostle Paul was a prosecutor of Christians before he encountered the Holy Spirit.
90. Where are the 10 commandments located in the Bible?
Answer: Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5
Moses went to the mountain to bring the 10 commandments, which have been passed down through generations.